I'm still looking for a small house with a big garden.
Meanwhile I'm in a convenient house with a small garden which I'm re-making from scratch.
- Garden in which I can do something every day of the year
- Reasonably flat platform shielded from street lights for setting up telescopes
- Somewhere to park my car. Short-term visitors can park in the road
Problems with original garden:
- Grass. Boring in a small garden, and can't be walked on for much of the year because of the soil and the climate
- Paved patio. Too big and incorrectly placed for astronomy
- Garden shed. Unnecessary waste of limited space
- Tarmac drive. Impermeable and ugly
- Very limited beds with humus-poor soil